|Churches of Cappadocia and wild Taurus|
Violent eruptions of volcanoes around, there are three million years, covered the surrounding plateau of volcanic lava and ash, and are at the origin of one of the most unusual landscapes in the world. Needles monumental « fairy chimneys », the cones with distorted shapes, but mostly valleys, canyons dug in the middle of a lunar landscape. But Cappadocia is not only an incredible natural environment. The man lived there and the first Christian monks from Egypt have shaped one of the most fascinating religious ensembles actually: pyramids and cliffs riddled with openings to cave dwellings, cave churches, monasteries and underground cities carved in the Paleo-Christian period.
You will discover Cappadocia through walking along the valleys, accessible only on foot, pension to pension; discover all the treasures that contain that small part of Anatolia.
Then you will gain the Taurus Mountains, all are close. Another world awaits you: the deep valleys, high cliffs of limestone and plateau of altitudes of transhumance. You will discover the south face of the Aladaglar massive by beautiful airy walks, overlooking the valleys and typical villages of Anatolia.Highlights
- Troglodyte Churches and villages of Cappadocia, the discovery of the most beautiful valleys
- The scenery of the Taurus approached by accessible hiking.
- Day 1 Ankara
- Day 2 Cappadocia, Cavusin
- Day 3 Red and Pink Valleys - Cavusin
- Day 4 White valley - Pigeon Valley - Göreme - Taurus
- Day 5 Taurus, Valley of Emli
- Day 6 Valley of Emli - Plateau of Eznevit - Camp of Sokulupinar
- Day 7 Gorge of Cimbar - village of Cukurbag - Ankara
- Day 8 Ankara