Violent eruptions of volcanoes around three million years, covered the surrounding plateau of volcanic lava and ash, are at the origin of one of the most unusual landscapes in the world. Needles monumental « fairy chimneys », the cones with distorted shapes, but mostly valleys, canyons dug in the middle of a lunar landscape. But Cappadocia is not only incredible natural environment. The man lived there and the first Christian monks from Egypt have shaped one of the most fascinating religious ensembles actually: pyramids and cliffs riddled with openings to cave dwellings, cave churches, monasteries and underground cities carved in the Paleo-Christian period.
You will discover Cappadocia through walking along the valleys, accessible only on foot, pension to pension, discover all the treasures that contain that small part of Anatolia.Highlights
- A journey full of the most beautiful valleys of Cappadocia.
- The cave churches from the time of the early Christians of the East.
- All year accessible walks and for all people.
- A trip really balanced between nature and culture
- Day 1 Ankara
- Day 2 Cappadocia, Sinasos - Valley of monasteries
- Day 3 Valley of Gomeda
- Day 4 Ibrahimpacha - Mountain of Modut - valley of Zemi
- Day 5 Red and Pink Valleys - Cavusin
- Day 6 White Valley - Pigeon Valley - Göreme - Ihlara
- Day 7 Valley of Ihlara - Ankara
- Day 8 Ankara